Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Sandy Springs?
Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Sandy Springs? As a general rule, you have three significant sectors of your residence for video protection: your principal entryway, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. While your security installer can suggest where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Make Sure To Defend Your Front Door
Although it might seem absurd that an intruder would make an effort to simply stroll through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions take place near the front door. You also have package thieves among other dangers to think about. A doorbell camera is able to tackle all of these possibilities with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you can speak with any visitors who come and press the button. With the help of your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer every ring with two-way communications and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. Then if a visitor begins doing something questionable, you will have your camera instantly document the event on video and send it to your mobile phone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your Outdoor Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult assignment. Fortunately, there are a few beneficial recommendations to make sure your home is safeguarded appropriately.
- The corners of your Sandy Springs home allow for a large viewing angle, as you can see two segments of your yard.
- Just below an overhanging eave or into a bit of trim or siding are excellent options for cameras as they will be partially hidden by your home.
- On top of your garage, as the garage door is an easier access point for intruders than you might believe!
- Above a deck or rear door -- or any entrance that can’t be seen from the street.
In each of these spots, you should always cut back any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure your view.
Tips To Get The Best Results From Your In-Home Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Sandy Springs. That same flexibility results in there being other installation variables to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: While you’ll want to make sure your windows are secure, the sunlight from a window might cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Direct the front of your camera away from direct blasts of sunshine to circumvent this issue.
- Take the High Road: Just like a guard tower, a security camera positioned in a higher spot will produce a more panoramic view. Try placing your cameras above bookshelves or mounted on the upper reaches of a wall.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your video equipment won’t be able to safeguard your home if it’s broken. Install your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets have no ability to tamper with them. Consider mounting or a different method to secure them to make sure they don’t fall if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best security camera won’t help you much if you’ve got a houseplant blocking the view. But it’s important to note, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to conceal your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your entire property -- defending every square foot. Dial (770) 628-5897 or submit the form below to arrange a consultation.