How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Sandy Springs
You understand you must protect your home. After all, it provides shelter for your family and is where you keep your valuables. But what kind of home security is best? Whether or not to get round-the-clock monitoring is one of the leading decisions you must make. Examine the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Sandy Springs and get a better sense of what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24/7 monitoring, your home security system bridges to a professional monitoring service that is prepared to act at any moment. If a door sensor activates or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring agents receive an instant alert. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and send the applicable emergency services.
On the contrary, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with a backup team. You could consider this choice as self-monitored, which indicates that if your alarm goes off, you need to take action to resolve it. This possibility is the less expensive alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Sandy Springs
Here’s a quick overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup at the ready is always a good choice. If you are on vacation, sleeping, or without access to your smartphone, your home and its occupants will still be protected.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring agents are always ready. They’ll respond faster to alarms than you can by yourself.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Superior components and seamless integration: When you get equipment, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security provider, you will enjoy a fully connected system with components that may be superior to what you will find independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Have to use professional installation: Many residents prefer to have the install taken care of by experienced experts, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Required to sign a contract: You will generally need to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This arrangement is likely to be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is a service you will want indefinitely.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Sandy Springs
Here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: Some might deem this to be a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an installation charge. Others might want to go with an experienced technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You can install devices when you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. Taking that into account, you might find integrating into a fully connected system more challenging.
- Control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your system. If a disaster unfolds, you’re in charge of getting assistance.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you don’t have your phone and don’t see a security alert? This situation will generate additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your full attention: Due to the fact you are the only one in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you want help during the install, you might have to employ a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Protect Your Family With a Monitored Home Security System In Sandy Springs
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Sandy Springs from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the right solution for your family. Dial (770) 628-5897 today to speak with our security experts.