How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Sandy Springs
Security cameras can easily be installed as a deterrent—something that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, modern security cameras are armed with an array of features all tailor-made to provide all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detection, these additions empower you to have the most from security cameras in Sandy Springs.
How To Set Up Your Sandy Springs Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is placing the components in the best areas within your house. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in high traffic areas such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart idea to set a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to enter through to get to the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear sightline of your patio, front walk, front and yards, garage, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front door through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your interior that are less vital to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Seclusion for you and your family should be a major concern prior to mounting a security device in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Camera location is only the beginning in utilizing the all you can from home security cameras in Sandy Springs. The innovations listed below help to elevate security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic messages on your smart device anytime unusual motion is detected. You can also set cameras to automatically start filming when activity is discovered which will boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your video surveillance to record and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to speak to anyone with the camera. Via ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or greet your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, allows for a more exhaustive view of any space. Check for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120° coverage or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your video surveillance have either LED or infrared sensors that will produce footage of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more exact, program activity zones. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to notify you of activity happening on your yard or your driveway and overlook animals passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send timely alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your security cameras in Sandy Springs is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system is elevated from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (770) 628-5897 or complete the form below to get started customizing your home security system today.