Today's smart security solutions are becoming more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, you may still forget to complete easy security chores like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these tasks again? When utilizing geofencing in Sandy Springs, you can simply leave the driveway and have your security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Sandy Springs For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border along the sides of your property, which you are able to set up in your smart security app. This modern home security option then tracks your phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements take advantage of to interact with other connected equipment. The technology aids your security system by grouping all devices onto a single network. You are then able to draw a unique boundary around your house and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the prearranged border line.
For instance, as soon as you exit your premises, you may program your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will notify your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are some of the technologies you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics like TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way to use your home’s security system in Sandy Springs. When accessing the mobile app, you can make the most of home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to engage at a specific time. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's time for bed, or disarm your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific devices come alive in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat switch on the connected fan when the CO detector is set off. Or turn on your hallway lighting when your doorbell camera notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Set a scene: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in harmony together. Have your lighting turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks activate at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm as you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Sandy Springs
Whether you desire added reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (770) 628-5897 or complete the form below to begin customizing your ideal security system.