Here's what our team is doing to keep our customers and team members safe amid concerns of COVID-19. Learn More.
Vivint Security Monitor in Sandy Springs
September 23, 2021

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Sandy Springs?

Can I use a security camera as a baby monitor in Sandy Springs?

In loving preparation of your baby’s room, you carefully followed steps to build the crib, painted the space a soft, lighter shade, and established the ultimate diaper changing station. Now it's time to decide how you're going to watch your baby sleep. You might go with the standard monitor that lets you hear through an integrated speaker, or you might improve your technology and get high-definition video, two-way talk, and initialization through motion sensing.

This advanced option may make you think of cameras included in a complete home protection plan, but can you use a security camera as a baby monitor in Sandy Springs? 

What features do you need in a baby monitor in Sandy Springs?

In years past, a baby monitor was pretty simple. You install a a device with a built-in microphone on a table next to your child’s bed, which sends audio signals to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. Fortunately, baby monitors now have more options. For instance, some monitors now offer high-definition video feeds and two-direction communications. You can also connect some monitors to Wi-Fi so you may wander throughout your home. The leading baby monitors in Sandy Springs are so elaborate that they are similar to interior surveillance systems in both functionality and cost.

Should you replace your baby monitor for a home security camera?

Due to the fact that baby monitors and indoor security cameras have many of the same features, you will find many people in Sandy Springs integrating their nursery to their home security system. This approach is beneficial -- particularly if you have to innovative Vivint systems -- as your baby monitor will give you access to:

Clear video with night vision: Your security camera should have at least 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared functionality for reliable low-light performance.

2-way communications: Sometimes, you don't need to go to the nursery to quiet your newborn back to a restful state. A comforting word could be all you need to keep them asleep.

Motion activation: While you can have your camera stay on constantly to keep a close eye on your child, your attentiveness might start to lag. But if your video surveillance notices anything unusual, then you can get a message to your smartphone. This is helpful when the baby soundlessly scales over the crib or when your family dog wanders into the nursery.

Recording capabilities: The majority of baby monitors do not capture video footage. Today’s modern devices allow you to send a brief sample to grandparents to let them see what a beautiful sleeping baby you have.

Mobile phone monitor: Instead of having to lug an external monitor around, you may now supervise your little one from your home security app. You could even touch base with your young one and babysitter if you’re lucky enough to have a date night.

A security camera baby monitor is part of a larger smart home

One important benefit about implementing a security camera as a baby monitor in Sandy Springs is that it will work in unison with your additional home security and home automation devices. So, for example, if you notice that your newborn is struggling to sleep, you have the ability to adjust your integrated thermostat from mobile security application to get a more pleasant temperature. Additionally, when they rouse for a 2 a.m. bottle, you have the chance to gently raise the room's smart bulbs to indicate that you're on your way. If you by chance have multiple kids in different rooms, you can give each one a security camera and monitor the images in the same cell phone application.

An indoor security camera in Sandy Springs is a key component of your comprehensive home defense plan

Whether you are looking for a home security camera to use as a baby monitor or you just need to upgrade your general security, begin by reaching out to Secure24 Alarm Systems. A Vivint specialist will walk you through the available choices and assist in getting the right home defense package for your property. Simply dial (770) 628-5897 or fill out the form below.